Monday, June 11, 2007

TVB mid-2007 analysis

Whoohoo time really flies and we're in the middle of June already. Why do I keep feeling that 2007 is a good year for TVB? Simple: the new stars are improving (e.g. Linda Chung, Selena Lee, Fala Chen), the old stars are coming back (Gallen Lo, Maggie Cheung, Esther Kwan, Anita Yuen), the scripts are getting better (to some extent), the posters are getting beautiful. Maybe because this is TVB's 40th year. 40 is an important number and that is why TVB has to ROCK.


What are the series of 2007 like?

The series which became the talk of the town is Heart Of Greed. This series made me addicted, but I can still think of ways to improve it. The other series I in love with is The Brink Of Law. Watching it was like riding on a roller coaster.

Two other series which got pretty good reviews and ratings are The Family Link and A Change Of Destiny. The two older warehouse series which got aired and gained good ratings are War And Destiny and Ten Brothers. The series which I'm watching now and finding pretty interesting is The Slicing Of The Demon (interesting, but weird ya). Series like Devil's Desciple and Best Bet and Life Art are the ones with their lovers and their haters. Eventually I'll still watch ALL of them (on TV/ by download) and experience their good and bad moments. Basically none of these series are CONDEMNED, if you get what I mean.


So let's just say, TVB has passed decently for the first half of 2006.

Is there more to come?


DEFINITELY YES! Here are what I'm looking forward to...

The series which are coming...

1) Cadets On The Beat
"Oh can you feel, our sweat and tears, we'll overcome, hardship and fear..."
I'm pretty upset that Tavia Yeung got written out, because I really like this actress, + her awesome chemistry with Ron in The Academy. BUT, I've come to terms with it and I'll still give COTB a chance. In fact, I'm looking forward...




2) The Seventh Day
Will producer Wong Sum Wai be able to make another series on par with UTCOL, or even a better one? I believe yes...




3) The Drive Of Life
I've already seen two trailers of this series, and they look awesome. One tricky problem about this series is its length, and HOW and WHEN CCTV is going to air it, because that will have a direct impact on the ratings in HK. BUT, that does not matter to me because TDOL will still have my biggest support. The most important thing is still the quality of the production.




"Don't forget I'm still in the warehouse!"
Is it because TVB has too many series to air? Or for some other reason, these series are taking DANGEROUSLY long to be released...


1) Master Of Tai Chi
Because Ray and Myolie are already in TDOL and because of Melissa being pregnant, I won't be surprised if MOTC only gets released at the end of 2007. By then, this series is going to break the record of the longest time between completion and release. It was one of my most wanted series of 2006, and then it became my most wanted series of 2007. I hope, I hope, and I HOPE it won't become my most wanted series of 2008. Poor Vincent Zhao, his first, and probably last series with TVB gets buried in the warehouse, waiting for its day to see the light...

2)"Sau San Chuen"
Sorry I don't know the english title of this series. I'm talking about the fantasy series starring Sunny Chan, Benny Chan and Linda Chung. Won't it be weird seeing Linda's performance in INVERSE-CHRONOLOGICAL order?

3) The Ultimate Crime Fighter
A crime fighting series with some supernatural elements. Same producer as UTCOL, Yummy Yummy etc. etc... It was in the 2006 sales promotion... It was also one of my more looking-forward series of 2007. Let's hope it will get its chance to see the light soon too...


No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter