Sunday, June 17, 2007

TVB ancient prince 2- Raymond Lam

In many interviews, Raymond will always say, he doesn't want to be 'stereotyped' as the 'ancient king', and wants to try out more modern characters. I totally agree you should never stereotype your roles. But for some reason, I just love watching Raymond portraying those ancient characters so much. I love the way he holds the heavy bow in Lofty Waters Verdant Bow. I love the way he plays the flute in Eternal Happiness, and I love the way he rides on horses in Twin Of Brothers. In fact, it was 'Kau Chung' in Twin Of Brothers which converted me into a die-die-hard Raymond fan...



The Characters:


Raymond has played many types of ancient characters: the dopey type like in LWVB and EH, the playful type in Face To Fate, the tragic type in Blade Heart, the political type in A Step Into The Past and TOB etc. That is my favourite type, because I love seeing the mean and ambitious Raymond the most. There is also the angsty type, like in Lethal Weapons Of Love and Passion, which I really like, but I think the screenwriters screwed up some parts of the story, and that is a pity. Soon in the "four great constables", you'll get to see the angsty and emotional ancient Raymond again, and hopefully, tgt with a good script. (:




outfits= no good?


Sometimes Raymond's ancient outfits can look a little weird, which makes me pissed with the producers. But sometimes, they can be really unique, and nice...


Raymond as the king in ASITP. A not-so-perfect but promising performance, plus the best king outfits. Totally love it!!







Twin of Brothers- Messy, crazy, especially the hair, but I love it more and more each day


Face to Fate- a series with one of the most screwed up outfits. Should be thankful Ray still looks pretty decent, not to mention CUTE



Angsty Raymond, totally love his poise + his hair!


My ideal ancient hair style for Ray, too bad he only appeared for less than 15 minutes in this...



to know who's my ancient 'princess' (there is only 1), stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

Fox said...

I agree with the last outfit. Lolz, so good looking, rite?

frostbite said...

yes! but it's a pity ray only appeared like that for a while...


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter