Saturday, December 23, 2006

TVB's yummy christmas feast!!

Merry Christmas everyone! All the best for the coming year! I wish all of you health and happiness, and success in your studies, your career, your relationships, and everything you want success in! =D And also, world peace...

Anyway, what is christmas without GOOD FOOD? Yes, to me, that is more important than anything else, hehe. Before we all set of for our christmas feasts, let's 'warm-up' with frostbite's exclusive TVB yummy christmas feast! ((: It is made up of all my favourite TVB dishes. (The fact that I actually remembered these dishes shows how much I loved them, haha)

To start off, let's have Joe Ma's Chrysanthemum cake in Maiden's Vow. There are four chinese words to describe this dish- 晶莹剔透, which mean bright and transparent. Like Charmaine's father said, by looking at it, you know it's nice already! It is not too sweet, not too filling, and it has the fragrance of a flower. It also reduces 'heatiness'. (You get heaty by eating too much chocolates, or feeling too stressed) Put it simply, this is the perfect dish for me! Ahh I want to try it so much, hehe.
How can a feast go without staple? The next dish is Kevin's hand-made noodles in Yummy Yummy. This isn't an ordinary bowl of noodles. This bowl of noodles changed the lives of 5 different peoplle. It looks so good, you've got to try it!
Now, it's time for the most expensive dish of the day. It is Joe Ma's competition dish in A Taste Of Love, called 'Ice on Fire'. What so amazing about this dish, is that it combines ice and fire, two things which are supposed to destroy each other. Joe only uses the fish cheeks, which is said to be the best part of the fish. He had a whole TANK of fish, cut out the cheeks, and discard the rest. To me, that is a big waste. But I am still very impressed. The whole dish is like a piece of art. It looks so beautiful. (Sorry, I couldn't find a better capture!)
After our main course, let's move on to the deserts. I have one chinese desert and one western desert. The chinese one is of course, Roger's Mango Sweet Dumplings in Life Made Simple. Mango, sweet dumplings, I never thought they would go. Maybe they do, maybe they do not, but that's okay. The essence of this dish is the thought behind it. So sweet, hehe...
The western desert is of course, Joe Ma's cakes in The Gateau Affairs, especially the apple cheesecakes. Gosh, when Joe was experimenting to create 'the perfect cheesecake', he churned out SO MANY cakes. Ahh, just give me any of the rejected ones, and I'll be very happy. Lol...

By now, you all must be very full already. It is time for a drink, to help your digestion. This drink is called "Teary Red Eye". It is a kind of wine created by Charmaine in Country Spirit. Not only is it great wine, it also has a sad story behind it, because this wine represents how much Charmaine misses his man. Every night, she hugs a pot of the wine, and shed two drops of tears into it...
Ok, so this is it! Frostbite's special christmas feast. I hope you have all enjoyed it. Merry Christmas once again!!!

1 comment:

frostbite said...

I just realised that Joe Ma's name appeared THREE times in my feast. Haha, maybe he is fated to be a good cook or something.


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter