Friday, December 08, 2006

Bring the memory back: The most memorable monologue

I hope you guys are enjoying my "bring the memory back" series so far. I really enjoy doing this recap, because it makes me feel that tvb is still good in some way (there are many things which make me feel otherwise)

Instead of doing a dialogue recap today, I would like to bring back the most memorable monologue. Because of this speech, I became a Charmaine fan. Till today, I still think Charmaine performance as Mandy Chow in YY was the best. This is the scene when she found out that her boyfriend cheated on her. Gosh, everything she said make my heart break. Here goes...

(Before this, Charmaine's four good friends, Tavia, Kevin, Raymond and Ben found out that her boyfriend was having an affair. Charmaine knows it as well. The four of them wanted Charmaine to confront him, but Charmaine refused, and she ran away. At first, the four of them were mad that Charmaine ran away. By the time night fell, they started feeling worried, and everyone went out to look for her. Tavia was the first to find her.)

Ah Yan: Mandy
(Charmaine turns around, her eyes were wet)
Ah Yan: Oh no, Mandy, don't be upset. Maybe I made a mistake, I'm sorry!
Mandy: No, you did not. I went to the restaurant just now, and I really saw them together. From the very first day when I accepted him again, I was already deceiving myself, because I don't want to lose the only person in the world who loves me. Ever since my father left, my mum was never happy until the day she died. I'm so scared, so afraid to meet a man like my father. And then Marco appeared. He is really nice to me. Naturally, he became my closest kin on earth. So I gave him all my life, my hope, my heart...
Ah Yan: But that doesn't mean he can hurt you
Mandy: You guys are right to scold me. I shouldn't run away, because the longer he lies to me, the deeper I get hurt. But right now, I really feel terrible! I feel like someone stabbed me really hard in my heart, it's so painful that I cannot breathe (I cried when Charmaine said this) It's like the day my mum died. I feel like I have nothing left, not even the last kin, there is only me left in the whole world
Ah Yan: No, that's not true! There is still us, you have Kevin, Raymond and Ben. And there's me, I will take care of you! You won't be on your own! No matter what happens, I would be by your side. I will never leave you alone. (Note: Tavia knows that Charmaine is her sister, her heart is aching...)
Charmaine: In the past, I only know how upset my mother is. Right now, I can really feel it. I feel really sad!
Just then, the 3 guys marched in together. The way they walked in is quite funny. And then, seeing Mandy, they were relived, and smiled ;)


THE END

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ! I remember this scene..I was also very sad...lol

can you post the clip ? then i can re view it ?

thanks

frostbite said...

Hi Lyxo! I can repost the clip if someone teaches me how to rip it! =D

Anonymous said...

lol...i don t know either..
but you can make a try at windows video maker...if you have windows xp...i m pretty sure that you have it..

import the episode...and it s ripped itself... if it doesn t work. then i don t know lol

but thanks for trying

frostbite said...

I just downloaded windows movie maker, but it does not support my file type (rmvb). Hence, I cannot rip it. I'm so sorry! I'll do it if I find another software next time (:

Anonymous said...

then..never mind

thanks anyway


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter