Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What have I been watching?

FYI, I am not the type who catches up with the latest series released. Reason 1) Don't want to spend money to rent them. Reason 2) Do not trust file sharing programs. I save my money for Raymond Lams' series only. -.- So here I am, analysing some passe series you might want to remnisence about now (:

1) INTO THIN AIR
Information

Cast: Michael Miu, Melissa Ng, Bernice Liu, Kenneth Ma

Number of Episodes: 20

Producer: Cheung Kin Man

Themesong by: Bernice Liu

Released Date: September 2005 (HK and Overseas)

Summary:

The story talks about a private investigators firm, where the PIS help different people find different things they have lost. Michael is the owner of this firm. Two years ago, he quit his job as a policeman, and set up this firm to search for his missing son. Two years have passed. He helped countless people, but still could not find his own son. However, as the truth draws near, it is a hurting one…

Comments

The Story

To me, the story was not really bad, but definitely not good enough. The reason is because most of the cases are not exciting enough. The story does not deal a lot with the investigations. Instead, it is more about the family or love relationships between major and minor characters, some of which may interest you, some of which may bore you. There were only 2 cases which really captured my heart. One was the infamous piano case featuring Michelle Yim and Patrick Tang. That story was just too beautiful and emotional. The second one was the truth behind Michael’s missing son. The outcome of the case was unexpected but logical at the same time. I even started feeling emotional about it. The rest of the cases were a little disappointing, especially the last one about Melissa’s ‘twin’. Gosh, I felt like the producers were just dragging time to clog up 20 episodes…

Why do I feel cheated?

1) The title "yan gan jing fat" is captivating, but also misleading. What the title means is "disappearing from the world". However, from the beginning to the end, how many missing people were there? There is only ONE, Michael Miu's son. In my opinion, the story would be a lot more exciting if it dealt more with the missing people, and not any random unexciting case.

2)The poster of this series looks GOOD. An eerie tree, a beautiful hug between Michael and Melissa, it makes the whole series feel so mysterious and suspenseful. In the end, the series was just a random mix of comedy, romance, and some 'heartwarming' family relationships...

Worth watching?

Basically, no. Actually, there were moments of the series I really enjoyed, but I just feel that the whole story did not have a proper theme. It was all over the place. Unless you are a Kenneth fan (boy, he is the CUTEST guy in the series), you can give this one a pass. This is not the worst series, but there are many better ones out there.

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter