Friday, November 10, 2006

TVB never fails to shock us every year

The FULL anniversary results can be found here:
http://tvbchinesenews.blogspot.com/

I have several comments to make.

Happy because:
1) Raymond Lam WAS in top five for BOTH best actor and favourite character awards after all! That was all I was asking for, and I am happy enough. (:

Relieved because:
1) Steven Ma and Michael Tse did NOT win the most improved actor award. That would be totally weird!

Disappointed because:
1) Wayne Lai did not get the best supporting actor award

2) There was no 'surprise' for the most improved actress award. Linda Chung took it home after all...

No Comments because:
1) Shirley Yeung winning the best supporting actress award. I haven't seen AR, and I don't want to jump into any conclusion, and I wasn't exactly rooting for any particular supporting actress, because none of them really did impress me.

Shocked because:
1) Charmaine taking home TWO major awards? Will that cause a little bit of indigestion??
Don't get me wrong, I do love Charmaine. I am a fan of her. I want her to win the best actress award. But did she have to grab the favourite character award AS WELL?? Sure enough, her character in MV was good, but SO WERE THE OTHERS like Sheren, Ada, or even Myolie. Is it really necessary to leave ALL THREE of them empty handed? Isn't that way too mean?

2) Mr Best Actor: Kevin Cheng!
Aha, this really came as a big big surprise. Who will expect Mr KevinCheng to beat the veterans, and get the best actor trophy earlier than Moses, Joe or Raymond did! This simply shows that the 'boundary' between the old and new generation of tvb actors is getting blurrer and blurrer, to almost non-existant.

Don't get me wrong. I DO love Kevin. I might even be one in the VERY FEW to feel that he DOES deserve the best actor title. Ever since Yummy Yummy last year, Kevin's performance has won all of my heart. I know I am slow, but having RECENTLY watched UTCOL, I see that Kevin really has the charisma, though not many people feel it. If you look at the top 5 list, Kevin is my personal favourite (unless Raymond was nominated for LWOLAP which was impossible, or unless Steven Ma was in top 5) This decision of TVB came to me as a great shock, but also great joy. I believe in the next few days, Kevin will face lots of bashing on forums or newspapers. BUT, he has all my support. Good luck to you, Kevin, and once again, congratulations!

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter