Monday, December 11, 2006

Bring the memory back: The most memorable monologue2

This is the scene where Myolie tells her father about how useless she is. Ahh it's so sad. I'm putting it under my collection because it's a scene which can touch everyone's hearts. I believe many of us (including Myolie in TGA) experienced the same feeling before. When you are pursuing your dream, not only do you need determination to persevere, you also need lots and lots of courage...

Gordon: If you haven't come back to help, I would panick!
Myolie: Why don't I come back to help you next time?
Myolie: This is where I really belong. Only in this place, my existance is worth something
Gordon: Are you unhappy working in the cake shop??
(Myolie shakes her head)
Myolie: I met Ah Leung again. She is marrying that rich girl...
Gordon: Men who depend on women to get rich are worthless!
Myolie: I'm not unhappy because he is getting married. Thinking back, I did so many things, opening a cakeshop, learning to bake cakes, using up all my savings. I'm already 25 and I'm still a trainee!
Myolie: You guys are right to scold me. I really have no talent in baking, it's just that I don't admit it... Right now, the pastries I bake are still burnt! There's only 200 dollars in my bank account, every month, I need to borrow money from my cousin to give you allowance.
Gordon: Don't be upset, it's always difficult getting started. Things will get better...
Myolie: (shakes head) I'm always causing trouble, always need people to clear up the mess for me. I caused my colleagues to stay up overnight for me, caused them to lose their bonus. I am just getting into their way!
Myolie: I'll always be useless my whole life. Father, am I very useless?
Gordon: How will you be useless? You will always be the most capable girl in my heart. If you haven't come back to help me just now, I would really panick!
Myolie: In the past, I always felt that I wanted to leave this place. But now I realise, only this place can give me a sense of security
Gordon: Myolie, if you are not happy in the cake shop, do come back to the laundry shop. The doors of the washing machines will always be wide open for you! (Haha)
Myolie: Father! Gordon: Don't cry!














You can watch the clip here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1icTFyIzLto

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter