Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pure wine, drunken shadow

I just realised I haven't done this themesong thing for a long time. Now, I'm finally doing it again, because I came across this old song in my collection. It is a 2001 song, from the series Country Spirit sung by Kit Chan and Jacky Cheung. Let me tell you, they make one of the most PERFECT combinations for a duet. Kit Chan, in case you do not know her, is an amazing singer. She is from my country, and also from my school ~.~

A picture of Kit Chan in the musical 'forbidden city'. If it ever gets screened in your city, you have to watch it! It is awesome!

Song title: 醇酒醉影 (Pure wine, drunken shadow)
Series: Country Spirit
Sung By: Kit Chan, Jacky Cheung
Lyrics:
醇酒一杯曾是你与我的约定
别讲一声不想破坏地上宁静
若果清醒只知世事是无定
宁愿不醒双双抱著彼此醉影
*让呼吸的声音比歌声更动听现已快灌醉了我的冷静
让天边一颗星化身一个记认定跟你在那儿唱咏*
缠绕不清难道已暗暗的注定
如此风景酒醒过后欲辩难认
没应不应即使背负或承认
难得温馨一起醉掉剩下余命
repeat *
醇酒一杯如为了每次的约定谁的倒影杯中似是份外平静
别需清醒只管快乐地逃命用呼吸声轻轻抱著彼此醉影

What is the lyrics about?
Two people (probably lovers), who rather get drunk, because the real world is too complex for them...

Comments:
I loved how the song began with Jacky's opera-ish "ah..ah...", and then Kit came in to sing the first line. Gosh, amazing introduction, followed by a perfect harmony in the chorus. And then, there is also an intermission featuring some woodwind instrument, sounds like a flute, I love that part.

Download the song here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w1wc4u
You can also watch the themevideo here, great themevideo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSf13SvijJo

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter