Saturday, January 06, 2007

2007, open your eyes, look out for...

2006 was the year of the following people: Charmaine She, Kevin Cheng, Linda Chung, Kenny Wong. I don't have to explain why anymore. They were everywhere! So who will be the most strongly-featured star of this year?? Here is what I think...

The budding fadans:

Selena Lee
2 years ago, she was the 'Yoyo' in Just Love who cannot act, cannot cry, cannot yell. Today, she is becoming one of my favourite actress (in her generation at least). Every performance from her is a great surprise and great improvement. To me, she is already the most improved actress of 2006. But it is okay, because 2007 is a great year for her, and TVB will not stop promoting her (hopefully). She is in so many series, and her roles are getting bigger and bigger.
The Seventh Day, On The First Beat, A Change Of Destiny, Face To Fate (which is airing next month), and Master Of Tai Chi. Speaking of MOTC, I have seen the long trailer of the series, which featured 2 seconds of Selena's performance. She was giving Kenneth Ma a tight slap. And because of that slap, plus Selena's teary face, I cannot wait to see her performance in that series!
Natalie Tong
Natalie is slowly moving away from the 'cute little sister' character. Her roles are getting bigger, and more and more variety.
Life Art and The Seventh Day will be her representation for next year, especially TSD. Add oil!
Kate Tsui
Up till now, LFD is the only performance I have seen from her, so I don't want to comment too much on her acting skills. For some reason, I don't really like her face and her voice. But I still believe she has a bright future with TVB, because she is in TONS of series.
The Price Of Greed, The Brink Of Law, Cadets On The Beat, The Whole City Dances, did I miss out any? Will she be the most improved actress of 2007? It is way too early to tell. But anyway, I still like Selena better.

By the way, anyone care to tell me the age of these actresses?


The Best Actor Showdown

Raymond Lam
Some 2 years ago, Raymond is already the best actor in my heart, because of one series- Twin Of Brothers. This year, Raymond is going to be one of the strongest contender, because he has SO MANY episodes waiting to air. Master Of Tai Chi, Heart Of Greed, The Drive of Life, and also New Breath Of Love, which should be released in Mainland/overseas soon. PLUS, Face to Fate will be airing next month. How many episodes is that in total? Oh my... Anyway, I was thinking, TVB must have decided to air FTF out of the blue for a reason... muahaha...
Steven Ma
The Brink Of Law, A Change Of Destiny, The Entire City Dances
. 3 very different and seemingly very interesting series, no wonder Steven says he aims to win the favourite actor award this year. Steven is a very great actor, but so is Raymond, and many others. So who will it be? Steven, Raymond, or someone else who pops into the picture later on? I don't know. It all depends on who TVB wants to promote more. But for one thing, this year, prepare to see Raymond and Steven all over the place.

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter