Monday, November 26, 2007

Chirp chirp crow crow

The following content is not very healthy for Bernice fans

Raymond Lam........ Bernice Liu....... Both of them ace in their own ways. Raymond is charming, Bernice is beautiful. They are cute off screen and onscreen (e.g.: in Survivor's Law, in Raymond's MV)


but but but, there is one thing they can NOT do together


and that is to.......





sing a duet.




I'm so sorry but I think I have to put the blame on Bernice. When Raymond meets Bernice in a duet, Raymond's voice is like the chirp, Bernice's voice is like the crow. The contrast is great, and it's hard to stomach... (With sufficient editing and ample takes, Bernice may be able to sound palatable on recording. But when she sings live it is just weird, her voice gets shaky. )
It won't be so disturbing if these two didn't sing together. I was listening to their rendition of andy lau's classic song 一起走过的日子, where Raymond made a perfect entrance, and then Bernice voice woke me up from the dream I was entering...
Then I remembered, I few years ago, I had the EXACT same feeling. That was when Raymond and Bernice sang 'Beauty and the Beast' at TVB's 37th anniversary. Raymond's singing was excellent and mesmerizing, but Bernice's singing just spoilt my 2 minutes of pleasure. Raymond's voice is the stable type, Bernice's voice is just too young/shaky/I-dunno-how-to-describe. They just don't go...
Thank goodness all these are one-time live performance. Enjoy the chirp, endure the crow, and forget about the entire thing (=
I should be getting Raymond's album soon. CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:


I'll be there with you, cuz you are my friend...

Hit Counter